Mojo is a Cuban sauce made from the juice of sour oranges (or, in
this case, a mixture of orange juice and lime juice). It’s truly
versatile. The sauce works as a marinade or salsa for beef, fish, pork
and poultry – yes, and even hot dogs!
For the garlic mojo:
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tomato, halved, seeded, chopped
- 1/3 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/3 c. fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 6 grilled hot dog buns
- 1-1/2 c. finely shredded romaine lettuce
- 6 grilled all-beef hot dogs
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, diced
- 2/3 c. finely chopped, peeled cored pineapple
oil in heavy skillet over medium heat. Add garlic. Stir 30 seconds. Add
next 4 ingredients. Bring to simmer. Remove from heat. Season mojo
sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Arrange buns on plate. Top each with lettuce, then add grilled hot dog, avocado, mojo sauce, and pineapple. Serve with remaining mojo sauce on side.