This riff on Mexican fruit-based salsas is eye-catching and delicious. Serve with tortilla chips, or as a condiment for grilled fish or pork.
• 2 c. unpeeled, ripe but firm nectarines, cut into small dice
• 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
• 1 c. fresh blueberries
• 1/2 c. minced sweet onion or scallion
• 1/2 c. thinly slivered red bell pepper about 2 inches long
• 2-4 T. thinly slivered hot peppers, optional
• 1/2 c. coarsely chopped cilantro
Toss the diced nectarines with the lime juice to coat, then combine them with the remaining ingredients. Let stand for at least a half hour before serving. Makes approximately 4 c.
Contact Julianne Glatz at email@example.com.